Accra Ghana Temple

Accra Ghana Temple
Accra Ghana Temple

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Going to the Dentist in Ghana?

Something I had really hoped to avoid during my stay in Ghana was a visit to the doctor and the dentist....  I've now done both.  The visit to a Ghanaian doctor occurred as the last step in obtaining residency here.  It turned out to be a visit to Emmanuel Kissi, a famous LDS pioneer here, who took our blood pressure and smiled at us.  We are now official Ghanaian "residents."  It takes up a whole page in my passport, but removes many restrictions on my coming and going.  I no longer have to leave the country every 90 days to stay in good graces with immigration.


The visit to the dentist occurred this week when the crown on a molar came off.  Fortunately, our Area Medical Advisor recommended a dentist who had been trained in the US.  And so I met Dr. Tutuh who owns and runs "New World Dental Clinic." His certificates on the wall indicate training at Washington, DC and Michigan.  


It turned out to be a positive experience.  He put on a mask, a new pair of gloves and opened a sterile package containing the instruments he used on me.  I had a completely painless experience.  Lucky me.  A little cement and I was on my way.  Thank you Dr. Tutuh!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog. My missionary is about to come home, just a few more weeks in Ghana for him.

    I have enjoyed trying to catch up with your adventures.

    I am glad you had a good dental experience.

    ReplyDelete